A doctor’s profession is indeed a noble one. Besides that fundamental factor, it provides a certain stature in society. Once a student achieves the MBBS degree, a world of job opportunities opens up. The chance to give back to the world, in terms of serving humanity, the financial security one achieves, and being able to meet one parent’s ultimate aspiration and dream, becomes one big positive package deal.A medical career is undoubtedly one of the most coveted career options for any student, especially if they are so inclined. The input required to complete the MBBS course is great, but so is the accomplishment of receiving the degree just as rewarding. Any Indian student aspiring for a medical degree is surely well conversant with the sheer difficulty of getting admission to any medical college in India. However, there is a will where there is a way, and one needs to look beyond. The requirement is for a country that provides international medical education standards, a foreigner-friendly environment, and above all, cost-effective and economically viable. Last but not least, it should open the doors for job opportunities anywhere in the world. The one country that proudly boasts of meeting all these criteria and providing a lot more facilities is, in a word, China.
As a country, China is steeped in history, culture, and a much-respected background. It is also one of the oldest civilizations known to man. The populace’s cultural and background diversity is also an enviable factor in the world picture. The country is a melting pot of the domestic Chinese population and aspiring persons worldwide, seeking it as a point of destination in terms of work opportunities, studies, or just about any reason. That as a whole, and medicine, in particular, is the sheer force of this magnificent country. For centuries now, Chinese medical studies have been proven to be the most effective and accurate globally and are accepted and respected likewise. China has contributed to the world of medicine like no other.
However, the Chinese have never stopped at that. Enterprising as they are, they slowly but surely grew in stature, in the medical field, over time. Today boasts of some of the very best medical universities and colleges in the entire globe. Both western, as well as traditional Chinese medical practices, are imparted here. Suffice it to say, it is a treasure trove for any student pursuing an MBBS degree, wanting to make one place amongst the medical fraternities of the world.
A Bit about the Top Medical Universities and Colleges in China and What They Entail
In India, the NMC (National Medical Council) recognizes about 48 medical universities in China. They are also recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), and other significant medical bodies globally. To name some of the top medical universities in China.
- Shantou University Medical College
- Dalian Medical University
- Jilin University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Wuhan University
- Jiangsu University China
- China Medical University
All these above universities are run, governed, and funded by the government of China. Therefore, unmistakably, they come with a horde of irresistible factors for all students aspiring for a worldly recognized MBBS degree from a medical university in China. To mention some of them:
Let Us Actually Mention the Advantages of an MBBS Degree from China
- Study MBBS in China fee structure is extremely affordable and justifiable, as they are almost all funded by the Chinese government. For any Indian aspiring to become a doctor, it most attractive, and the feasibility factor is very appealing.
- The safety factor of all international students, and foreigners of all sorts, as the country is mostly military run. Special attention in terms of protection, safety, and care, is provided round the clock for one and all international students.
- Thanks to government control, medical universities are answerable and have to guarantee the best of medical education, both in terms of theoretical and practical exposure. Therefore, the standards maintained are extremely high and rewarding.
- The internationally acclaimed hospitals affiliated with these universities are equipped with the very best in providing the most modern equipment, thus helping and exposing every medical student to the highest form of theoretical and practical experience, leaving nothing for the asking.
- Campuses in medical colleges also deliver the best of creature comforts to all international students. All the campuses observe the highest standards of living.
- For Indian students, there are dedicated boarding and lodging facilities, and they are provided with an array of Indian Cuisine.
- Scholarship opportunities are also awarded to Indian students.
- There are no donation matters or any hidden costs in applying for an MBBS degree from China.
- All of the medical universities and colleges in China are fully recognized by the Indian Medical governing body, NMC (National Medical Council), and all other chief and prominent medical bodies globally.
- For every student coming out with an MBBS degree from China, the very best job opportunities instantly open up, just about anywhere in the world.
Tenure of an MBBS course in China
- An MBBS course in China has a term of six years, out of which one year is entirely devoted to an internship program, wherein a student is exposed to the very best of hands-on and practical experience in the medical field, directly interacting with real-world patients, their ailments and their cures. After this, they become eligible for a secure and prestigious future in the medical field, just about anywhere in the world.
- As eligibility criteria, an aspiring MBBS student needs to secure a minimum of 60% marks in the following subjects in their 10 + 2 exams. The subjects are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- According to the government’s new guidelines, through the National Medical Council (NMC), they need to score passing marks in the all-important NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam.
- A student also needs to be 18 years and above for applying to any Chinese University for a valid seat in their MBBS program.
Nowadays, Indian medical aspirants look for the best available study abroad options in which MBBS in China is one of the sorts after destinations in the world.